Mission & vision statement
- Hits: 1099
Welcome to RIMS, the European network for best practice and research in MS Rehabilitation. Rehabilitation is defined as a highly individualised education and adaptation process to gain maximum activity and participation.
We represent and bring together health care professionals, researchers and patient organisations from different settings with the aim to enhance activity, participation and autonomy of people with MS by developing and advocating evidence-based rehabilitation. Our long-term vision is that all people with MS throughout Europe have access to evidence-based rehabilitation when they need it.
The aims of RIMS are to
- Raise the profile of rehabilitation in MS with the best researchers and practitioners.
- Improve the understanding of rehabilitation and it’s relevance at every stage of MS.
- Manage the generation of new evidence on rehabilitation in MS by facilitating interaction between researchers and practitioners.
- Stimulate the implementation of new and existing evidence-based rehabilitation.
- Educate and train practitioners to integrate evidence into clinical practice.
We invite you navigate through our website and read our brochure with presentation of RIMS executive board, special interest groups and RIMS programs (conferences, grant & fellowship, projects), as well as our annual report.
RIMS collaborates worldwide with umbrella organisations (such as EMSP, ECTRIMS, MSIF, CMSC), partners organisations (such as the IMSCOG, Serono Symposia,..) and scientific journals (MSJ, IJMSC).